Thursday, December 8, 2016

I honestly don't blog because I feel that the world doesn't need to hear everything that is going on in my life. I have matured a lot, especially since becoming a mother, and I realize that life isn't as complicated and emotional as I make it.

I have grown leap and bounds as I have learned to see the simplicity in life. There are difficult and complex tasks but I have found that the following things are true:

1) I am happiest when I have a purpose. If I know what I am trying to do, what I want to spend most of my time doing, when I have a goal or a vision, I can endure and trial and task. I can push myself through limits and boundaries, I can help other people because it is worth it to me.

2) People like me better when I am honest with myself first. In order to do that, I have to take the time to do what I need to do so I can focus on other people when it is time to focus on other people

3) There are times and seasons of your life. Right now I am a working mom with a one year old. I have quite a few limitations and that is okay, but it doesn't mean I will always have those limitation. I, however, am much more emotionally stable and can handle more things now than I could previously

4) The world is full of adequate people and that is what is so beautiful about the world we live in. We all think we need to be perfect, but beauty lies in the exceptional things ordinary people do. Often times, those things are extremely simple and we don't recognize we are doing them because they are so ordinary to us.

5) Even though you speak the same language as someone else doesn't mean you know how to communicate to them. :) Communication is one of the hardest things to do. I learn so much from my son who communicates extremely well, but can't say much. This is something we continue to work on for the rest of our lives

6) We as human beings need to find time to appreciate those around us. There are so many people who love us and sacrifice so many things to make us happy. We sometimes become so consumed in ourselves, we overlook them.

7) You need time to be your own person. If you fill your time trying to be the best __________ you lose yourself. You need time to yourself to ponder, think, and thrive to become the best person you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment